9/17/09

Vanessa Opens Up

Vanessa Hudgens has up to now been rather mum about the subject of her past nude photo scandal. (Or is it scandals now? I can't keep up... Oh wait... it's my JOB to keep up. Nevermind.)


Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Greene Shop till they drop in Vancovuer
Nice clothes! I think I'll wear things like this the next time someone points a camera phone at me and says it's just between us!


In any case, she's talking to Allure magazine about the issue, saying it's frustrating that people can't seem to put it out of their heads.

I understand her frustration. What most people don't realize is that when an actor or actress walks the red carpet, they all want THE BYTE where she refers to it. As a result, about 30 entertainment reporters will ask the very SAME question. (There is really only so much you can ask a celeb beyond who are they dating, what are they wearing, etc... it actually gets on MORE vapid and mindless from there!)

Perhaps most frustrating is that she never meant for it to be for public consumption:
"It's just really unfortunate, and to this day people hate me for it, but it's not like I chose to put that out there in the world, you know?"It's so aggravating and frustrating, and whenever anybody asks me, would I do nudity in a film, if I say that it's something I'm not comfortable with, they're like, 'Bulls**t, you've already done it'. "
** That said, a lesson for the rest of us - Google is forever! So pose for pictures wisely!
ps - I remember when there wasn't an internet trail to follow you around forever. Ah, the good old days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Journalist and standup comic. I create and appear in television and web media. I've been seen on NBC, MSNBC, United Airlines in flight TV. (and some other more unusual fodder, including a 'how-to' video where I teach people how to wrap glassware for moving...I mean, really - it's essentially rolling glasses in paper... you can't make that stuff up!) I own more than two hundred cookbooks, but use the same five all the time, and even those are often abandoned in favor of epicurious.com. I design art and interiors for both friends and actual clients. I've spoken to Major Universities and NYC corporations about media and publicity. I am embarassed by many of the songs on my IPOD, and can't resist a Nacho flavored Slim Jim. I drink up to eight diet cokes a day.