9/14/09

A Closer Look: Janet's "Scream" Performance

Janet really brought it at the VMA's - but if you look closely, so did a great technical team.

If you compare the actual video and her MTV performance, you'll notice that they cut Janet out of the video itself - so to better re-create the look of her dancing with Michael. It all happened pretty fast, and we were all still stupified by Madonna's narcissistic "I'm the closest living thing to Michael Jackson" moment, that if you didn't really think about it, you might not have noticed.

Video on the left, and last night's performance on the right. (I'm sure you needed the explainer.)




All-in-all it was a really incredible performance on all counts.


>MTV's Michael Jackson tribute HERE.

>Scream video HERE.





The images are the property of the Jackson Estate and MTV. I hope you'll kindly not sue me! I'm trying to give some props here!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Journalist and standup comic. I create and appear in television and web media. I've been seen on NBC, MSNBC, United Airlines in flight TV. (and some other more unusual fodder, including a 'how-to' video where I teach people how to wrap glassware for moving...I mean, really - it's essentially rolling glasses in paper... you can't make that stuff up!) I own more than two hundred cookbooks, but use the same five all the time, and even those are often abandoned in favor of epicurious.com. I design art and interiors for both friends and actual clients. I've spoken to Major Universities and NYC corporations about media and publicity. I am embarassed by many of the songs on my IPOD, and can't resist a Nacho flavored Slim Jim. I drink up to eight diet cokes a day.