11/13/09

The Only Way to Cope Is With Cats

Props to Gawker, who always finds the gems in morning television.

As unusual as the story is, what's even MORE hysterical is the deadpan delivery of anchor Chris Cuomo and Correspondent Elizabeth Vargas when they deliver it with all the veritas of a piece on the Mid-East crisis:

"Inside the Secret World of Cat Ladies"

"I like to keep these cats in my dresser."

The way Chris Cuomo says "Cat Ladies" (with a straight face nonetheless) is enough to make you wet yourself. But it only gets better from there.

A few of my favorite lines from the intro are only done justice when you watch the link!
"What happens when a love of feline friends grows out of control???"
"Filmmaker Kristi Callan Jones shined a light on the often shadowy lives of self professed cat ladies." "They feel the only way to cope is with cats... LOTS and LOTS of cats..."

I find this cat obsession fascinating because in my experience, Cats tend to behave like they could totally go on without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Journalist and standup comic. I create and appear in television and web media. I've been seen on NBC, MSNBC, United Airlines in flight TV. (and some other more unusual fodder, including a 'how-to' video where I teach people how to wrap glassware for moving...I mean, really - it's essentially rolling glasses in paper... you can't make that stuff up!) I own more than two hundred cookbooks, but use the same five all the time, and even those are often abandoned in favor of epicurious.com. I design art and interiors for both friends and actual clients. I've spoken to Major Universities and NYC corporations about media and publicity. I am embarassed by many of the songs on my IPOD, and can't resist a Nacho flavored Slim Jim. I drink up to eight diet cokes a day.